Thursday, January 1, 2009

new covenant

found this today when i was doing QTs... good stuff


"This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest.
For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."


~taken from Hebrews 8:10-12 (originally quoted in Jer 31:33-34)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

i draw your attention to the first line. "i will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts."

and so, as horrifyingly sinful as i think my brother is (i know, plank in the eye). but since he's accepted Christ, and God promises to write his law in our minds and hearts... in addition, he's God's child first and foremost. and my brother secondly....

*sigh* it's hard to let go and let Him take control, especially when it concerns my younger sibling... but if i trust Him to grow me in maturity... i think i should trust him with growing my brother as well? (i think i'm afraid of my bro stumbling in the ways as i did... "generational sin" and whatnot)...

SWEETLY BROKEN, WHOLLY SURRENDERED...
__________________________________________________________________________

"At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered"

-Jeremy Riddle, "Sweetly Broken"

No comments: