Thursday, December 25, 2008

holiday greetings

Lover, pray tell
how oft you think of me?
is it high or deep or long?
or wide as west to east?

so jealous, my love?
when i run off and place my favors forward
to take pleasure in beauty and lust galore
why drag me back and then toward

you, dear lover, why into this desert?
and take all that i hold dear
till i have none but you as before
and naked have become desperate

...

(REPRISE... in meekest voice)
did your affection warrant sacrifice?
as love of deepest cost
for here i stand amazed and awed
before the mighty cross
..................................................................


LOL. i have just realized how mushy and sappy i get when i'm typing posts out in the middle of the night. i mean, even now, it's 1am and i can feel the urge to be cheesy.

let's see. christmas went well. had time to hang out wi my brother (he asked me really hard questions like "do you believe in evolution" n' stuff... yeesh.) dinner was family time. and it was... a very good christmas. considering what has happened in the past, PTL for the good times.

at the same time. it's been difficult to focus on loving the Lord lately. my mind seems so absorbed in believing i need a significant other. listening to certain secular christmas carols don't help either. christmas is a horrid time to be single... or so the world says. but let me be jealous for God's love. the couple stanzas above was written after a meditation on Hosea 2...


ah well... merry christmas all. i apologize for a heavy post. haha.

No comments: