Friday, January 2, 2009

airing out dirty laundry

annoyance.
with myself, with my parents, with my pride, with my brother, with my self image, with my relationship with God...

i want to tear my hair out because there's all this pent up pride.

i think deep down, what i really am is jealous and covetous. covetous of what other people have-- money, fame, physical beauty, material things. and it all started with the simple question, "how come i don't have these things?"

dangerous question. dangerous thoughts.
and we all know where the path leads down...

sometimes i'm so frustrated with what i want want want...

but godliness with contentment is of great gain.

i want to seek contentment, the contentment that comes from heavenward. to be fine with the way things are and secure that He's got it under control. i mean, seriously, his word's more precious that gold and sweeter than honey... best thing to have right?

all that's left is to develop the faith that lives each day believing this truth.

No comments: