Friday, October 23, 2009

wishing i was a freshman again

lol...

walked into EVK (dining hall). as a graduate student, ginormous brace, business clothes, roll-ey bag. and i felt so at home and yet, so out of place

for this was the dining hall where, as a freshman, i spent so much time with my roommate and a lot of the good friends i still have now.

as a sophomore, this was the dining hall that i mainly did my QTs in, speaking to God's voice and learning from him amidst food. a site where much of my stuggles were between God and learning to love him again after self-mangling my heart

as a junior/senior, EVK was where i went to search out freshmen to talk to about Jesus. or later, when we formed our bible study, it was the place where i spent many a happy meal with the underclassmen...

and now, as a graduate student, i come back to EVK and am suddenly overcome by the memories tied in to this place...
ah, those were the days!

O Lord, i suppose now... since i've got no one willing to eat there anymore with me... guess it's back to you and me...

but lack of company can't stop me from praying for freshmen...

No comments: