Tuesday, August 18, 2009

fed up with the world

just tired after fighting the battle today at pharm school orientation.

too many voices, telling me to join this, to join that, MUST network, MUST party, freedom of graduate school, let go of undergraduate, move on, move on, forget people, this is your new crowd, YOUR NEW CROWD....

gah.

Lord God, it's difficult to push these voices back and hold on what is truth. all i know is that i wasn't bought with perishable things but with the blood of Christ. and he commands me to keep from gratifying the sinful nature

therefore, Lord, how am i to minister in this crowd of sinners when i myself am constantly in danger of falling in...

a brother yesterday told me wise words that "the holy man is not one who is sinless, but is one who is tempted a thousand times and yet, continues to say no."

i pray that God may grant me the grace to respond "no" continually to the flesh

No comments: