Sunday, July 12, 2009

through the storm and waves..

Mongolia is fine. It's peaceful here. we just went through the Nadaam festival where they do wrestling n' archery n' horseback racing. Yesterday, saturday, was awesome. we went to the mongolian countryside and rode mongolian horses. yes, they're smaller n' quite fast. they just told us to sit on a horse, gave us the reins, and then, well, let us control the horse. really scary and quite fun.

on other news, one of my students accepted Christ when i told her the Gospel. It was crazy good. God was working wonders through her n' i'll follow up on monday. i also found out two other of my students have accepted Christ and i'm now working towards equipping/discipling them.

God has been teaching me a lot about humility lately. I'm starting to see how sinful I am and how much I pretend to be alright before other people. What's most challenging is that my time is not my own. That is, sleep time is guarded, time with students is guarded, etc. I rarely have time for myself and to do my own things. It's been difficult submitting under leadership and doing what is asked of me when i don't agree.

But all in all, I'm still learning to grow. And the fact that i'm being challenged and disciplined is a testament of God's grace and goodness in working. I pray that, though this is a tough time n' pharmacy school has been giving me many problems about starting, I know God will work things out for good in the end because he promises in Jer 29:11. So long as I am in the center of God's will, I have nothing to worry about.

If you guys are reading this, please pray for God to work his will. That though the storm and waves are coming up at home (pharmacy school wants me to do a lot of things, deadlines are being pushed earlier, and a lot of minor decisions), that I trust that God means good to me. I believe he has called me here, just has he has called me to go to pharmacy school. May I not waver in unbelief but continue to whole heartedly do the work that God has called me to do.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I am blessed by your updates and hearing about how G is working in the nations. PTL! I felt G's leading to encourage you with this passage from James 1:2-8. Please take these verses to heart and be encouraged! =)

"Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask G who gives generously to all without finding fauth, and it will be given to him." (James 1:2-5)

My rap for you is that you would find joy in serving G in all that you do (whether it be EVing or teaching) and may G give you joy in serving him. I know that some of you may feel challenged to share the good news and many people reject the good news. You may even feel drained of constantly pouring out love to others. Remember that it's a testing of your faith. I rap that you would choose to perserve for G's sake and G would give you the wisdom and courage to persevere. Run the race strong and finish what G has called you to do overseas. If you don't feel like you can persevere, ask G and he will give you the wisdom to persevere.

"But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the L; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does." (James 1:6-8)

My rap is that you would believe and not doubt in your rap requests. Believe that G has the power to answer it! Don't be afraid to ask bold raps and believe in what you ask for!

Thanks for serving! Remember that G loves you so much! =)

Angie said...

hey annie,

i remember naadam holiday! my class went to the country side too to see horses. we didn't see the horse races though. i enjoyed eating hoorshore and drinking milk tea! i loved the green grass, blue sky, horses in the country side! :) wow, that's so cool to hear what's been happening in MGL! PTL! =) i'm rapping for you and your team! keep trusting G and hold onto your promises (it'll be your life saver while you're overseas)! =)

take care, angie