Monday, March 22, 2010

rebuilding the city

JEREMIAH 33:6-8

"NEVERTHELESS, I WILL BRING HEALTH AND HEALING TO IT; i WILL HEAL MY PEOPLE AND WILL LET THEM ENJOY ABUNDANT PEACE AND SECURITY. I WILL BRING JUDAH AND ISRAEL BACK FROM CAPTIVITY AND WILL REBUILD THEM AS BEFORE. I WILL CLEANSE THEM FROM ALL THE SIN THEY HAVE COMMITTED AGAINST ME AND WILL FORGIVE ALL THEIR SINS OF REBELLION AGAINST ME."

promise of restoration.

feeling useless lately. as in, not fit for the service of God.

if i don't serve, am i not fit for the kingdom of God?
well, if my faith is based on faith and not works. then no.

if i'm not used by the church. if people don't come to me for help, am i not fit for the kingdom of God?
well, if my faith is based on Christ's sacrifice, my worth is given by Him, then no.

if i feel unwanted, shunted to the side, despised, hated, and unnoticed, am i not fit for the kingdom of God?
well, if my faith is based on God love for me, a sinner, then no.

in all these things, i am no less worth than when i was in my full capacity of serving. my worth has already been determined not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God (john 1:13).

and so my intrinsic value and worth before the Almighty has been determined. it's set in stone. done. Christ died for me. there is my value, there is my "importance" if you will. my competence comes from him (2 Cor 3:4-5)

confidence. that he is my competence (rhyming :D). and my despair before God is of deepest sin because i do not believe His love to be enough.

2 comments:

Monica said...

So I thought I had already commented on this post, but I guess I forgot to.. haha

Just wanted to say, I really liked this post because there's a lot of truth in what you wrote. How can we ever decide our own worth--or other people's--based on how much we can do for God? We can never outserve him anyway.

Besides, Jesus loved Martha, but he also really loved her sister Mary. He appreciated Martha's service in welcoming him to her house, but he said Mary had chosen what is better--simply spending time with him.

Don't let other people or the enemy's thoughts confuse you :) Become an amazing pharmacist and use your amazingness for His kingdom's glory!

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God :)
(1 Corinthians 10:22-23)

p.s. sorry for the unnecessarily long reply. but i haven't talked with you (long enough) in a while. i'm looking forward to the hsc tour you promised :)

Monica said...

*Oops,
1 Corinthians 10:22-33.

haha i fail. (but do read those ten verses cuz they're good!)